Create neighborly social spirit. To improve connectivity, creativity, and achieve a shared purpose.
1. PRESERVE We are preserving Island Park Village Hall because of its historical and cultural importance. We care about its architectural heritage and the stories about those who built, work, played and celebrated there. We will honor the memory of what it represents to our community, state and country.
2. RESTORE Restoring Island Park Village Hall to its original form not only adds character, it will make the neighborhood more beautiful. It will make our community culturally richer. Our work will create jobs, increase property values, and spur similar residential and municipal pride and property improvement.
3. PROTECT We will maintain Island Park Village Hall’s original structural design, integrity, and charm. There will no change to the original permanent structure unless there is inherent risk of catastrophic failure, endangerment to its users, or changes required to make it regulatory compliant. Where there has been loss or irreparable damage, whether it be to due age, weather, or neglect, every effort will be made to match its original design and quality.
4. ENHANCE The original builders and community leaders would have made improvements to Island Park Village Hall to make it more comfortable, enjoyable, secure, on-trend, a greater community benefit, and increase its value. They would have taken advantage of new technologies to improve the building’s economics and sustainability. Being good stewards, we will do the same.
5. SUSTAIN The key to historical building restoration is to protect and manage the property for the long term, and our sustainable approach to restoration recognizes that. There are three components to our sustainability model:
Continuously Improve: We will preserve the architectural heritage of this historic building and make enhancements to improve its appeal, usage, comfort, and protect it from long-term wear.
Create Neighborly Social Spirit: Continue Island Park Village Hall’s original purpose and use; create the center of community, to improve connectivity, creativity, and achieve a shared purpose.
Insure Financial Viability: Island Park Village Hall’s success is dependent on our being able raise money to restore, generate revenues to operate, and build cash reserves for future repairs and improvements.
Historic Island Park Village Hall
It will once again become a treasured property for which a stronger community and lasting memories are made.